A photograph a day journey.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 42

Today I started to prepare our prefold diapers.
It was a tough and long battle with pots of water and
wait, who are we kidding.  
I watched Burn Notice while preparing them.
Now, before you stop reading this 
because of some misconception about what green parenting is.
There are many different shades of green
Today's picture
(Great book by the way, "Green Babies, Sage Moms" by Lynda Fassa) 
I would like to say that I do want to be a "cloth diapering, babywearing, co-sleeping,
attachment parenting, EC'ing, granola making, organic eating" Mama. 
I also thought I would share the pictures I took of diaper prepping.
First picture, two large pots full of boiling water with a squirt of Dawn.
Second picture, the Bummis prefolds.
Third picture, the Bummis boiling in the water.
Currently they are in the washing machine finishing the prep stage.



2 comments:

Betsy Thomas said...

Uh oh! Why boiling prefolds? No need to do that - please check out our User Guide:

http://www.bummis.com/media/user_guide_en.pdf

Washing and using prefolds is way easier than that!

Betsy
Bummis

Korrale said...

On the contrary Betsy. Boiling dipaers saves time, energy AND water. Making it way easier (especilly when pregnant) and more enviromentally conscious.